Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tumors and other not so fun stuff
Tammy-Vicky finally decided to go ahead and get that tumor in her head removed on October 23, 2009. The surgeons were not able to get the whole tumor out but the good news is that they didn’t kill her on the operating table, and she retained her memory and reasoning abilities.

TV does have a weakened left side after the surgery, but the prospects seem good that with time and physical therapy she will regain much of, or all of, her strength.

TV still has a boatload of treatments to take but at least this stage went well.

The problem with this kind of brain tumor is that if you do not get the whole thing out… it just keeps on growing back. If the doctors cannot kill the remaining part of the tumor with radiation and chemotherapy, more than likely, TV will have to go through another round of brain surgery sometime in the future.

TV is now scheduled to have seven other tumors, located at various locations around her body, removed within the next few weeks.

MACJR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
My prayers are still with you and TV. Keep us posted, Mac, please
nannyjo Wrote:My prayers are still with you and TV. Keep us posted, Mac, please

Thanks NJ. Things have been rough for both TV and myself here for a while, we could use all the good thoughts and prayers people are willing to give us.

I will try to reply to a couple more posts later, but it will probably be tomorrow. I had to get a few things taken care of today or I would have already made my replies. Now I am about to go start a workout. The rest of this day is already spoken for too; I need to answer a couple e-mails after dinner, before primetime starts.

Fresh episodes of Bones, CSI: CSI, and The Mentalist are on tonight.

MACJR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
You both have my prayers as well.