Getting Started
The first word on a blank page is always the hardest.

Original Post Date:  12-10-2011, 04:37 PM
(12-10-2011, 04:37 PM)White Crane Wrote: The first word on a blank page is always the hardest. 

Well, not always, at least not for me, but sometimes that can definitely be true.

But then, the first words I type on a page do not always makes it to the final draft, either.  Wink

Today I was busy with under the hood stuff. I had intended to rework a couple of the board graphics, and one of my own, but ended up searching most of the day for one line of code to alter. I finally did find it, but then I decided to update a few other things, here and there, and then take a break to play Shisen-Sho (a Mahjong type game).

I am still on break and probably will not get to the graphics until tomorrow.

MACJR

Original Post Date: 12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
(12-10-2011, 05:16 PM)MACJR Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 04:37 PM)White Crane Wrote: The first word on a blank page is always the hardest.

Well, not always, at least not for me, but sometimes that can definitely be true.

But then, the first words I type on a page do not always makes it to the final draft, either.  Wink

Today I was busy with under the hood stuff. I had intended to rework a couple of the board graphics, and one of my own, but ended up searching most of the day for one line of code to alter. I finally did find it, but then I decided to update a few other things, here and there, and then take a break to play Shisen-Sho (a Mahjong type game).

MACJR
Speaking of board graphics, I am having a hard time getting the avatar to work for me.

Original Post Date: 12-11-2011, 07:55 AM
(12-11-2011, 07:55 AM)White Crane Wrote:

MACJR
Speaking of board graphics, I am having a hard time getting the avatar to work for me.

Are you trying to:

1) upload your own avatar to the board?
2) link to an avatar hosted somewhere else, like Photobucket?
3) use one of the ugly default board avatars that I have not replace with better options yet?

The maximum size for an avatar is 100x100 pixels, and the file size cut-off is currently at 500 KB. If it is over 100x100 pixels, and as long as the file size is under 500 KB, the board should offer the option to auto re-size it for you. That may not always get you the best results though.

Those size parameters can be changed, but I really do not want people using huge avatars that throw off the page design, and take up too much space on the board's server.

If all else fails, send me a copy of the image you want to use and I will fix it up and add it to your profile for you.

I do plan to add a few more board avatar to choose from, and will try to get to that soon.

MACJR

Original Post Date: 12-11-2011, 10:02 AM
(12-11-2011, 10:02 AM)MACJR Wrote:

But then, the first words I type on a page do not always makes it to the final draft, either.  Wink

MACJR

Are you trying to:

3) use one of the ugly default board avatars that I have not replace with better options yet?

The maximum size for an avatar is 100x100 pixels, and the file size cut-off is currently at 500 KB. If it is over 100x100 pixels, and as long as the file size is under 500 KB, the board should offer the option to auto re-size it for you. That may not always get you the best results though.

Those size parameters can be changed, but I really do not want people using huge avatars that throw off the page design, and take up too much space on the board's server.

If all else fails, send me a copy of the image you want to use and I will fix it up and add it to your profile for you.

I do plan to add a few more board avatar to choose from, and will try to get to that soon.

MACJR
OK, One of the attempts made it through.
I dont know when but its there now. I like to put my own pic's in when possible. The biggest one I tried is right at 500 kb but I have no clue as to how many pixals it has. 

Original Post Date: 12-11-2011, 12:31 PM
(12-11-2011, 12:31 PM)White Crane Wrote:

MACJR

Are you trying to:

MACJR
I dont know when but its there now. I like to put my own pic's in when possible. The biggest one I tried is right at 500 kb but I have no clue as to how many pixals it has.  

No, you did not get that to post, I figured I would help out and post something from a picture you sent me a while back. I did not know that was the picture you were trying to post.  Wink

If you notice, this picture was clipped as well as resized. I also added a border to it.

You are free to keep trying to get your own picture posted as your avatar.

The one at 500 KB might have been the reason it did not post. That was right at the cut-off point.

For the images that you tried to upload that were under 500 KB, you might want to check the format they were in. Make sure they are JPG or PNG. There are other options available, but those are pretty much the best two formats for avatars.

You asked me about resizing images the other day, and I did not have time to talk about it then. Now I need to go make something to eat, so I will still have to put that on hold yet again, but I will try to get to that shortly.

MACJR

Original Post Date: 12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
(12-11-2011, 12:51 PM)MACJR Wrote:
(12-11-2011, 12:31 PM)White Crane Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 05:16 PM)MACJR Wrote: Well, not always, at least not for me, but sometimes that can definitely be true.

MACJR

Are you trying to:

MACJR

No, you did not get that to post, I figured I would help out and post something from a picture you sent me a while back. I did not know that was the picture you were trying to post.  Wink

If you notice, this picture was clipped as well as resized. I also added a border to it.

You are free to keep trying to get your own picture posted as your avatar.

The one at 500 KB might have been the reason it did not post. That was right at the cut-off point.

For the images that you tried to upload that were under 500 KB, you might want to check the format they were in. Make sure they are JPG or PNG. There are other options available, but those are pretty much the best two formats for avatars.

You asked me about resizing images the other day, and I did not have time to talk about it then. Now I need to go make something to eat, so I will still have to put that on hold yet again, but I will try to get to that shortly.

MACJR
It was one of three. I wanted the one I have on FB. So far that is the best pic of me that I have. I am not in the habit of taking pic's of myself. Smile

Original Post Date: 12-11-2011, 01:09 PM