Star Trek
I thought MACjr had a post here for Star Trek: Into Darkness but that must of been on face book. Anyway, I finally got the chance to watch it and found it pretty good but it does seem to have some issues with accuracy of history and or future events. I will have to watch it again to verify this but I thought I heard Spock say that his world had been destroyed then later ask someone if they was close to vulcan. Just a nit pic,n. Smile
(03-03-2014, 09:57 AM)White Crane Wrote: I thought MACjr had a post here for Star Trek: Into Darkness but that must of been on face book. Anyway, I finally got the chance to watch it and found it pretty good but it does seem to have some issues with accuracy of history and or future events. I will have to watch it again to verify this but I thought I heard Spock say that his world had been destroyed then later ask someone if they was close to vulcan. Just a nit pic,n. Smile

Did you see Star Trek, the reboot movie before Star Trek: Into Darkness?

And yes, that was a Facebook post I made about seeing Star Trek: Into Darkness, when it came out on DVD.

One, the last two Star Trek movies take place in an alternate universe/timeline. This universe had its timeline messed up from the timeline we seen in the original Star Trek TV series and movies.

Two, Spock was referring to "New Vulcan", the planet that the last remaining Vulcans found to colonize. It is said to be a similar planet to the original Vulcan, but we have not seen the planet on the big screen yet.

The idea for this Star Trek reboot is that a Romulan villain, and his crew, and Spock, came to this alternate universe from the original Star Trek universe, but these movies make more sense to me if they start from an alternate universe, with an alternate Spock, to begin with. This new Star Trek is not one time removed, but at least two times removed from the original Star Trek... if you ask me.

Looking at it the way I do, that these movies are twice removed from the original series, works for me. I can accept all of the changes, and what would otherwise seem to be messed up inconsistencies... as long as these new stories stay consistent with themselves. Because this universe is at least twice removed from the original, if you ask me, these new stories do not have to be tied all that closely to the original series.

Just how I see it. Smile

MACJR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
(03-03-2014, 02:48 PM)MACJR Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 09:57 AM)White Crane Wrote: I thought MACjr had a post here for Star Trek: Into Darkness but that must of been on face book. Anyway, I finally got the chance to watch it and found it pretty good but it does seem to have some issues with accuracy of history and or future events. I will have to watch it again to verify this but I thought I heard Spock say that his world had been destroyed then later ask someone if they was close to vulcan. Just a nit pic,n. Smile

Did you see Star Trek, the reboot movie before Star Trek: Into Darkness?

And yes, that was a Facebook post I made about seeing Star Trek: Into Darkness, when it came out on DVD.

One, the last two Star Trek movies take place in an alternate universe/timeline. This universe had its timeline messed up from the timeline we seen in the original Star Trek TV series and movies.

Two, Spock was referring to "New Vulcan", the planet that the last remaining Vulcans found to colonize. It is said to be a similar planet to the original Vulcan, but we have not seen the planet on the big screen yet.

The idea for this Star Trek reboot is that a Romulan villain, and his crew, and Spock, came to this alternate universe from the original Star Trek universe, but these movies make more sense to me if they start from an alternate universe, with an alternate Spock, to begin with. This new Star Trek is not one time removed, but at least two times removed from the original Star Trek... if you ask me.

Looking at it the way I do, that these movies are twice removed from the original series, works for me. I can accept all of the changes, and what would otherwise seem to be messed up inconsistencies... as long as these new stories stay consistent with themselves. Because this universe is at least twice removed from the original, if you ask me, these new stories do not have to be tied all that closely to the original series.

Just how I see it. Smile

MACJR
I did see some of it but I didnt catch the name. Seeing what I did of it did help put a lot of scenes together that was not shown in the later movie. Like Spock talking to himself in more detail. Since I like star trek I find them worth watching. Smile