Board Update/Upgrade News
Bug 
Smile I think it looks great. Just learning how to work all of this...this is very cool, indeed! Comp

(01-28-2016, 11:20 AM)MACJR Wrote: Welcome to the 4th incarnation of MACJR'S Mini-Verse² Forums.

This version of The Board was built on the latest MyBB forum software, here at its new home domain, mini-verse.com. I then merged in the last two versions of this board into one, on this new board.

The first several days after the merger, was spent doing cleanup work, and fixing issues, like file attachments that did not import from the old board, so I had to re-install and re-connect them all manually.

Over the last few days, I have been building a new, MMVSF (MACJR'S Mini-Verse² Forums) Brown theme. The very first board theme that I designed, for my very first message board, was a brown theme. Like a board in space kind of thing. I do plan to re-create my blue themes, like those I created for the last two versions of this board, but that will have to wait. I have other things to get to first, like finishing up work over at my macjr.com site. I do have one of two blue themes started though, but that project is hidden from everyone until it is ready to show.

If you do not like my new brown theme, there are some basic default themes available. Just check out the pop-up menu on the forums bottom, right side, menu bar (near the bottom of the page). Those are basic MyBB themes, that have only been lightly customized for this Board's identity, and consistency needs.

By the way, I have added a bunch of new smilies to this board. The new smilies collection is a mix of smilies from three different incarnations of this message board (built on, in order, Website Toolbox, phpBB, and MyBB forum software), and a few I downloaded from a MyBB downloads page, and a complimentary set from my website hosting service, DirectNIC.

There were too many smilies to use them all, so I selected the ones that I liked best, and the ones that members have used in the past. There is also a set of extra-large smilies, but I am not sure I will keep those. They may be slowing down the loading of the post reply pages. For now, I will leave them to test things for a bit and see if people are willing to put up with the lag-time for post reply pages. If people do not like that, then I will remove those extra-large smilies.

Until then, look around, have fun, and let me know what you think of this New Board.

MACJR

Xl_cool
Thanks, PandyLou.  Smile

I am not done yet though. I have most of the big stuff done now, but there is still some refinement work to do, and a few clashing elements to take care of.

And, of course, I still need to add the ufo and space ship to the space background.  Wink

MACJR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
The board was updated this morning to fix some security issues and do some bug fixes.

There is a long list of bug fixes, but I did not read through them all to see if the ones I found most annoying have been fixed in this update, or not.

Look for graphics, and other custom design works that have been undone. I did see that the Board's Mini-Verse² logo was switched back to the MyBB default, but I have already restored the Mini-Verse² logo.

If you spot any other changes (custom work undone), please let me know. Later today, I will look around a bit more and see if I notice anything else undone by this latest Board Update.

Having my custom work undone is just another of those hassle I have to deal with after doing message board upgrades/upgrades. Just the way it is.

MACJR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters