Art Collins

In memory of my best friend Art Collins.
It was about this time 14 years ago that his heart gave out on him.
He was one to ride the river with.
His passing ruined our trip to Alaska that we had planned out the night before he left us. He is missed.

Original Post Date: 12-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I had meant to ask, way back when you first posted this, when and where did you first meet Art Collins?

Bummer that I never got to meet him.

I wonder if he was related to our Collins family. One of our great grandmothers was a Collins by birth.

MACJR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
(01-18-2016, 07:58 AM)MACJR Wrote: I had meant to ask, way back when you first posted this, when and where did you first meet Art Collins?

I wonder if he was related to our Collins family. One of our great grandmothers was a Collins by birth.

MACJR
I met him here in Liberty wa, back in the summer of 96. I did spot the Collins name on our family tree and wondered if he was a cousin. He was from New Mexico near El Paso and I think we do have family down that way. His attitude was the likeness of Festus from Gunsmoke.
(01-28-2016, 12:31 PM)White Crane Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 07:58 AM)MACJR Wrote: I had meant to ask, way back when you first posted this, when and where did you first meet Art Collins?

MACJR
I met him here in Liberty wa, back in the summer of 96. I did spot the Collins name on our family tree and wondered if he was a cousin. He was from New Mexico near El Paso and I think we do have family down that way. His attitude was the likeness of Festus from Gunsmoke.

Hard to say, without knowing who is parents, and grandparents, were. Sometimes it takes another generation, or two, to find a connection to a family's roots, and whatever connections that may lead to.

As for our Collins family, they were French-Canadians, with possible/probable Native American blood in the mix. Our great great grandfather's older brother was said to have had a thick French accent, and did not know a lot of English.

Our great grandma (Collins) Crane was born in Wisconsin, but I know some of her family moved to Illinois, and I have talked to someone who descend from her oldest brother's bloodline who lives in Alaska. And of course, Great Grandma Crane died here in Washington State.

Between all our bloodlines, we probably have relatives in all 50 states, so there is no way to rule out someone from New Mexico as possibly being related, at some point in time, to our family tree.

MACJR
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters