Rank listings
I was just curious about that. On the tree forum I saw the rank list once. (I havn't seen it since) Is there one for this forum too?

Original Post Date: 12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
(12-13-2011, 09:52 AM)White Crane Wrote: Wrote:I was just curious about that. On the tree forum I saw the rank list once. (I havn't seen it since) Is there one for this forum too?

I will post one soon. I had planned to adjust the settings for the rankings, and post them, but had not gotten to that yet.

I will be demoting my star count to five, which will be the maximum. Too many stars make me look like I have a ridiculously inflated ego. The current star ranking settings are the board defaults, not mine. [Image: wink.gif]

MACJR

Original Post Date: 12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
I just spent the whole day reworking the member's rank stars. I also renamed the user titles. I will post what they are in a new thread in the "New, Rules, and Announcements" forum later, possibly tomorrow. You should already be able to see what your new stars and title are though.

I will rework, or make from scratch, the Moderator, Super Moderator, and Administrator stars tomorrow, or sometime soon.

Oh, and it looks like I will be sticking with the current star count for my Administrator title, after all. It is just how things turned out. A regular member can now get up to six stars... but it ought to take a good long while to reach that rank/star count. [Image: wink.gif]

MACJR

Original Post Date: 12-13-2011, 06:28 PM
(12-13-2011, 10:23 AM)MACJR Wrote: Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 09:52 AM)White Crane Wrote: Wrote:I was just curious about that. On the tree forum I saw the rank list once. (I havn't seen it since) Is there one for this forum too?

I will post one soon. I had planned to adjust the settings for the rankings, and post them, but had not gotten to that yet.

I will be demoting my star count to five, which will be the maximum. Too many stars make me look like I have a ridiculously inflated ego. The current star ranking settings are the board defaults, not mine. [Image: wink.gif]

MACJR
I would have used Swelled head but then I thought it might not be your doing. Turns out I was right [Image: smile.gif]

Original Post Date: 12-14-2011, 04:54 AM
In the end, I decided to keep the board's default star ranking system for the mods, the super-mods, and the administrators.

When you look at the member star count, for each rank level, as it is, you will notice that it is possible for regular members to get more starts than a moderator, and as many stars as a super-mod.

This does not mean that a regular member can get the same powers as a mod or a super-mod, though. A regular member's star count does not give them the same power as a mod, no matter how many stars they earn. Getting the full potential of regular member stars, for this board, does earn you respect and special considerations, as long as you earn those stars the honest way. You cannot earn respect and special considerations by flooding this board with useless waste of time posts. In fact, that is more likely to get you banned, rather than respected.

Make your posts count by saying, or posting, things that are worth reading and seeing, and you earn your stars. However, if the majority of your posts are Facebook style memes, you just earn my irritation and I am likely to take your stars away from you of that goes on for too long.

MACJR