Too hot to handle!
Supernovadust thinks he's hot stuff, but in reality, he is just MACJR'S alter ego. Wink

I will be using this Supernovadust account to test the board system as a regular board member. What I see, as MACJR, is a bit different that what a regular member sees.

Creating this account also validates the "recommended by Supernovadust" statement posted in the "Membership" thread. I discovered that a referrer does have to be a real member of the board for a referral to work.

I have also discovered that Internet Explorer 9 sucks at displaying some elements of this board (actually though, IE 9 just sucks period). I mostly use Google Chrome and Firefox, so I had not seen this problem until now.

Supernovadust (AKA MACJR)
Windows IE warned me about IE 9 not being so hot for some things about a year ago.
Games would not work well with it or something like that. I might be wrong and that could be IE 8 but that is what this browser is and I dont have too many problems with it.

Original Post Date: 12-12-2011, 05:44 PM
(12-12-2011, 05:44 PM)White Crane Wrote: Wrote:You know, I had thoughts run through this pea brain of mine about that reefer bussiness [Image: smile.gif]
Windows IE warned me about IE 9 not being so hot for some things about a year ago.
Games would not work well with it or something like that. I might be wrong and that could be IE 8 but that is what this browser is and I dont have too many problems with it.

Internet Explorer 9 only works on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

IE 8 was so so, but both Google Chrome and Firefox are better at most things. IE doesn't even have spell checking, now how lame is that!? [Image: wink.gif]

MACJR

Original Post Date: 12-12-2011, 06:38 PM
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of the MythBusters
(12-12-2011, 06:38 PM)MACJR Wrote: Wrote:
(12-12-2011, 05:44 PM)White Crane Wrote: Wrote:You know, I had thoughts run through this pea brain of mine about that reefer bussiness [Image: smile.gif]

Internet Explorer 9 only works on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

IE 8 was so so, but both Google Chrome and Firefox are better at most things. IE doesn't even have spell checking, now how lame is that!? [Image: wink.gif]

MACJR
It must of been 8 then, Come to think of it my msn messenger is really lame. All the other computers including amsn is better then this one.

Original Post Date: 12-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Windows Live Messenger is lame, especially the 2011 version, which only works on Windows Vista and Windows 7 (see a trend here). Microsoft, in its infinite lack of wisdom, not only is producing a lot of junk these days, it is producing junk that only works on their latest versions of Windows. This cuts out a lot of people from using their junk, which might not be a bad thing, after all. [Image: wink.gif]

I do like Windows 7, vastly better than Ubuntu, but Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail are both less than stellar achievements on Microsoft's part. I prefer Pidgin for my IM, and Mozilla's Thunderbird for my e-mail.

MACJR

Original Post Date: 12-13-2011, 06:59 AM
I like Thunderbird too. I havn't tried Pidgin yet.

Original Post Date: 12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Oddly enough, I now look back at Windows Live Messenger, and Windows Live Mail, as back before Microsoft got even worse. Go figure.

Now, there is no Windows Live Messenger. It was replaced by Skype, and I hate Skype with a passion. I would much rather have Windows Live Mail back, even the versions I was complaining about back in 2011.

Windows Live Mail is about to be killed off too. Bummer. It is the best current option for people who do not have Microsoft Outlook 365. In some ways, I like Windows Live Mail better than Outlook 365. Outlook is too blasted tedious to setup for multiple e-mail accounts, and it is flakier than a dude with dandruff who never washes his hair. It crashes frequently, and/or refuses to boot up.

I find it really sad, or is that pathetic, that I can now look back at 2011 as the last of the "Good ol' days" for Windows programs.

Windows 10, and modern apps may get better in time, but for now, most modern apps leave me longing for the day of Microsoft past.

MACJR